The Summer heat has finally arrived! Which means only one thing over here at Cusa Tea & Coffee - IT’S ICED SEASON! One of the many benefits of our product is that it can be made hot or cold, so we have a few ideas for some of our favorite flavors to drink iced. Feel free to experiment and make these recipes your own!
We start with coffee because, duh. This creamy, spiked iced coffee recipe is MADE for the end of a hot summer day when you still need a little bit of a caffeine boost but don’t want to be up all night.
Brazilian Iced Coffee
- Coconut rum
- Dark rum
- Cusa Medium Roast Coffee
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Coffee Ice Cubes
- Place 1 tablespoon of the sweetened condensed milk in a saucer.
- Place the Cusa Medium Roast Coffee powder and cinnamon on another saucer - mix well.
- Dip the rims of the glasses into the sweetened condensed milk then roll in the Cusa Medium Roast Coffee powder.
- Set aside.
- Combine the espresso, both rums, remaining sweetened condensed milk, and the coffee ice cubes in a shaker.
- Shake well.
- Serve and enjoy!
Our next summer drink recipe is guaranteed to be one of the most refreshing drinks you’ll make this summer. Perfect for ANY time the sun is up and you’re sweating, give this Jasmine Green Tea Limeade a try! You may be wondering, why not lemonade? Limeade is a more gentle sour citrus, making this a smoother and more drinkable refresher.
Jasmine Green Tea Limeade
- ¼ cup lime juice, plus 3 limes sliced for garnish
- ¼ cup lemon juice, plus 2 lemons sliced for garnish
- 5 cups water
- 5 sticks Cusa Jasmine Green Tea
- ¼ cup honey, plus more if desired
- 18 mint leaves
- Transfer lime juice and lemon juice to a glass.
- In a large pitcher add honey and 5 Cusa Jasmine Green Tea sticks. Mix with water and stir until dissolved.
- Add in more water and honey to taste, then add in the lime and lemon juice.
- Serve and enjoy!
Finally, we get to our Black Tea recipe. This one uses our new Peach Black Tea that we released last month! We’ve loved experimenting with recipes for our new flavors and this one was definitely a winner. Like the Limeade recipe above, this one uses honey as a sweetener. But we promise both the Limeade and this recipe taste GREAT without any added sweeteners!
Peach Ginger Black Tea
- 1 peach, pitted and sliced
- 2 Cusa Peach Black Tea sticks
- 4 ginger coins
- 2 cups hot water
- raw honey, optional
- Add the sliced peach and Cusa Peach Black Tea sticks to a 1 quart mason jar or pitcher.
- Skewer the sliced ginger coins on a toothpick, if desired, to make them easier to remove later, and then add them to the jar.
- Pour the hot water into the mason jar.
- Place into the fridge to completely chill for 3-4 hours for the flavors to release.